The Quest for the Holy Grail

If you follow me on instagram, you will probably have already seen this beauty, but if not, here she is.  In early February, I had a little email from my bank emptying friend beautybay, who informed me that the coveted Violet Voss Holy Grail palette was back in stock. I do not think I have ever made a purchase as fast as this one. I have seen this palette all over my instagram sooo much and I've been lusting after it for so long so it was only natural to order it as soon as it was back in stock. The delivery was quick and impressive (kudos to beautybay) but as soon as it arrived, I had the gut feeling, before I even opened it, that I was going to be disappointed. As soon as I opened it, I'm convinced I said 'wow' out loud. It is incredible; the colours, the packaging, the smell (it's the 'new' smell, you have to love it). I was blown away.
My first move was a swatch, first a shimmer - Ploof, a gorgeous highlight with a pink undertone, then wine 'n' dine, a beautiful matte red-pink colour. Ploof was absolutely gorgeous and I immediately wanted to smother myself in it. Wine 'n' dine on the other hand has very little colour pay off on my hand but, as soon as applied with a brush it told another story. I'm glad I didn't dismiss this palette after a finger swatch. 

Swatches
This palette includes 20 matte, shimmer and glitter shadows in a variety of different colours. I found a list of all the colour descriptions on the Violet Voss website. 

From left to right;
-Crystal - Champagne nude shimmer
-Ploof - Bronzed rose pink neural
-Thanks A Latte - Matte nude
-Transition - Matte honey coffee
-Hashtag - Rich Terracotta

-Awesome Sauce - Copper Shimmer
-Bestie - Matte mocha cream
-Toffee - Duo-chrome brown with vibrant bronze and golden shimmers
-Chill - Shimmery chocolate gold
-How U Doin - Pink-toned bronze shimmer

-Bat My Eyes - Deep brown shimmer
-Cool Beans - Pale chocolate shimmer
-R U Kitten Me - Matte brown with terracotta undertones
-So Jelly - Deep rose pink shimmer
-On Fleek - Chocolate orange with hints of petal pink

-Brownie Points - Matte dark coffee
-Teddy Bear - Dark burgundy with brown undertones
-Glamping - Metallic chocolate-toned rouge shimmer
-Cranberry - Dark pink shimmer
-Wine N Dine - Dark berry-toned rouge with wine undertones and a matte finish.

I currently do not have any fake tan on so the swatches are on my natural pale ass skin. Each shadow is incredibly buttery and applied with my finger beautifully. The palette itself has a lovely mixture of warm toned colours along with a beautiful variety of matte, shimmer and sparkle shades. This palette is very wearable from day to night and I can see myself using this for my eyes and brows when I go away. It's a very multi-functional palette. Price wise, I think it is very reasonable for £43 (purchased from beautybay) making each shadow £2.15 each which seems like a steal. I was optimistic about whether I would neglect any of the colours in the palette and I can honestly say after swatching each colour, there isn't a single one I don't want to use immediately. I am so glad I managed to get my hands on this palette. The packaging, the pan size, the quality, the colour range and pay off are just a handful of things I love about this palette. If you see this palette back on beautybay, I urge you to purchase it as it sold out in just a couple of days this time around.
Using the palette

Of course the moment the palette arrived I had to test it out, but the look I created was very bright and a bit different so I decided to create a more wearable look using the palette.

I decided to go for a warm half-cut eye with a shimmer shadow and a winged liner. Nothing mega fancy (If you would like details on the products used on my face or even a base 'tutorial' please let me know on here or Instagram). For this look I used 'Bestie' in my crease - I applied and blended this out using a Mac 217 fluffy blending brush. I then applied the shade 'R U Kitten Me' to my crease also to deepen it up, again I used my Mac 217. I then took the colour 'Brownie Points' on a Morphe M507 to add some definition to the outer V. I then took my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin enhancer (any concealer will do the trick) and carved out the inner 3rd of my eye to lighten it up. I then took my 217 and blended the edges to make this as seamless as possible. I then took the shade 'Cool Beans' on my ring finger and patted this over the area I had just carved out to bring some sparkle to my eye. I then took 'Ploof' on my finger and added that to my inner corner to brighten my eyes. Next I drew on my wing using the Kat Von D tattoo liner - I love this eyeliner as it is true black and does not smudge throughout the day. Finally, I added lashings of my Marc Jacobs O!Mega mascara to both my top and bottom lashes then popped on a pair of lashes - today I decided to use my House of Lashes x Sephora lashes in the style 'everlasting'. The band on these lashes is a little hard and thick for my liking but I love the way the lashes look. And there you are, my wearable play with the Holy Grail palette.

A Final Summary

My final verdict on this palette is, it really is the holy grail. This palette is every neutral eye lovers dream. I can 100% see this palette being a huge staple in my makeup kit. I cannot wait to create many more beautiful eye looks with this palette. I may try out a day-to-night makeup look with this palette - please let me know if you'd be interested to see that.

I hope this little blog post has helped you make up your mind about this palette. I adore it and I'm sure you will too.

Many thanks for the read



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top