Everyday Glam Makeup

I wanted to do a little FOTD post (face of the day - my boyfriend will read this and be like 'what the hell') to show you all what I look like when I actually make the effort to do my makeup. Most of the time I like to have no makeup days, especially if I don't really have plans, just to let me skin breathe as much as possible.

When I do my makeup, I like to really do my makeup - go all out. I loooove wearing Lashes, they're just so striking and sexy.

On my face

When doing my makeup, I always make sure I moisturise thoroughly because I have ultra dry skin. The best moisturiser I have found to keep my skin soft and hydrated without feeling slippy or slimy is the Sunday Riley Tidal Cream. This cream smells amazing and works wonders for me. For my primer today, I use the Becca Backlight Priming Filter because I wanted my skin to look like I had a 'glow from within' without looking like a disco ball. I also find this primer extremely hydrating for my dry skin. Because I have a tan at the moment (bondi sands of course) I am using darker foundation than I normally would use. When I'm tanned I love using my Nars Sheer Glow foundation in Medium1 Punjab. This foundation is dewy, full coverage and flawless - it's so lightweight that I don't feel it on my face all day like some foundations. If I'm not using Sheer Glow, I'll be using Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation without a doubt. Because my tan is fading very slightly, I decided to mix some of my Makeup Forever ultra HD foundation in Y215 into my sheer glow. I absolutely hate this foundation on its own, it just feels like it doesn't set on the face but mixed in with another high coverage foundation it works wonders. 
To conceal and highlight parts of my face, I decided to use my Nars creamy concealer in Light 2 Vanilla. I don't love this concealer, I think it creases really easily but it does help bring a lovely luminosity to the face. When it runs out, I would like to try the Urban Decay naked concealer instead. For my brows I have used my holy grail brow product - Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow pomade in Chocolate. I will never ever use anything other than Dipbrow on my brows. I love how creamy and easy to use it is - I can draw on little hairs and have super natural brows or full them in for a bold and defined brow. 10/10 from me Anastasia - Bravo! 
To highlight and clean up my brows I used my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin enhancer in SX03. A word of warning if you try this product, a tiny tiny bit goes a really long way - it is super duper full coverage and thick so beware. Saying this, I love this product for either a little more coverage or to tidy up my brows or eye look. I always apply concealer and SSE with a damp beauty blender pro for a more flawless finish. 
For my eyes today I decided to use the gorgeous Tartelette in Bloom palette. This palette is amazing, I can never ever see my life without this baby. If you want an day-night blendable, beautiful palette then seriously look no further. I cannot praise this palette enough and I will love it til I die....or I hit pan and have to buy another one. 
I used the colour Sweetheart all over my lid. I then took Rebel into my crease all the way into my inner corner. I then added leader to the outer V and buffed it in with a large fluffy brush. I then used my SSE to carve out a semi-semi circle (if you know, you know) and blended the edges to make it look more natural. I then added a cat eye with my Kat Von D tattoo liner (I loooove this eyeliner!!) and added a couple of coats of mascara. 
Whilst my eyes 'set' in preparation for some lashes, I highlighted and contoured my face using my Kat Von D shade and light palette (a mixture of Sombre and Shadowplay) to define my cheekbones and jaw. I also set under my eyes using the shade Lucid. I also bronzed up my face a little using the Bronze shade from my Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow palette. I did this using a large fluffy face brush.
To highlight I mixed two of my favourite highlighters from Becca - Champagne pop and Prosecco pop - I loooove so so much. I used the mixture of highlighters on the tip of my nose, my cupids bow, the inner corner of my eyes and of course on the high points of my cheekbones. This highlight combo is honestly the bomb.com. 
 
Finally to finish off this very OTT day time eye look, I added a pair of Huda Beauty lashes in Giselle. These lashes look gorgeous on but I do not rate them that well. The band is so stiff which makes the lashes very hard to apply. You need to use a good glue to ensure these lashes last the day - I love using Duo brush on adhesive in transparent. 


And finally the whole look, I added a nude liquid lip - Anastasia Beverly Hills Crush (I did not overline my lips at all, I highlighted my cupids bow to create an enlarged appearance) and finally I spritzed myself with a dewy setting spray and VOILA.




Thank you so much for reading about my makeup of the day, I know the picture quality is crappy but I am trying to sort some lighting and a camera out! Watch this space. I hope you liked the blog post - please let me know in the comments if there's anything in particular you would like me to do a post about.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top